Julie Sloway, BCPA is a private health care advocate, patient navigator, and care management coordinator helping adults of all ages to remain independent at home with quality of life.
Serving as a compassionate, collaborative voice for those seeking information, resources, guidance and support.
Specializing in short term care management, health care advocacy consulting and coaching services.
Offering telephonic advocacy services nationwide, and personalized home visits within the North Bay Area.
The 2021 Private Health Care Advocacy Scholarship has been awarded to a young man living alone on limited resources, and bravely managing a complex medical condition at home after the loss of his mother during the pandemic. Mike is a former Air Force veteran, and multi-lingual martial arts instructor wishing to complete his AA degree in hopes of pursuing a freelance translator career.
“Action is hope. There is no hope without action.” Ray Bradbury
- Board Certified Patient Advocate- PacBoard.org
- Contracted Case Manager- National MS Society
- Core Coach Certificate- Well Coaches Inc.
- Professional Program in Health Advocacy, University of California, Berkeley
- Bachelor of Arts Communication Studies- San Diego State University
- Member National Association of Healthcare Advocacy (NAHAC)
- Member Alliance of Professional Health Advocates
Your private health care advocate…
- Promotes systemic accountability, positive outcomes, and encourages collaborative based action between providers and those they serve.
- Resolves health care advocacy related concerns and disputes without the need for an attorney.
- Provides self-advocacy coaching, telephonic advocacy services and support nationwide; information, resources, guidance, and support.
- Offers hospital advocacy solutions, and out-patient services.
- Participates in telephonic, and face to face meetings to support informed decision making opportunities on behalf of clients.
- Conducts research, locates vital information, and resources to support health care related concerns and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Expedites prescription referrals for home health services, and durable medical equipment.
- Connects the potential disconnect amongst health care, insurance, and social service providers.