Julie Sloway, BCPA is a private health care advocate helping clients of all ages to successfully manage the complexities of the health care system, insurance, and supportive services.
Serving as a compassionate, collaborative voice for those seeking quality of life and independence.
Offering personalized home visits within the North Bay Area region, remote health advocacy services, patient navigation, and care management support.
You are always welcome to request a consultation. Please send a brief email to receive a prompt response.
- Professional Program in Health Advocacy, University of California, Berkeley
- Board Certified Patient Advocate- PacBoard.org
- Core Coach Certificate- Wellcoaches Inc.
- Contracted Case Manager- National MS Society
- Bachelor of Arts Communication Studies- San Diego State University
- Member National Association of Healthcare Advocacy (NAHAC)
Your private health care advocate…
- Promotes self-advocacy, positive health outcomes, and encourages collaboration between clients and health care providers.
- Arranges relocation, ground transportation, speciality care, behavioral health, post discharge care at home, medication delivery, caregiver resources, and ancillary services.
- Provides tele-advocacy services nationwide, information, resources, guidance and support through the health care system, insurance, and social services.
- Coordinates health care, insurance verification, medical appointments, care coordination and physician referrals.
- Locates vital information, resources, and support services for clients and their families living out of the area.
- Connects the disconnect amongst healthcare providers, insurance companies, family members, and governmental agencies.
- Protects patient rights, and collaborates with providers to avoid potential miscommunication.
- Communicates with hospital health care teams, legal representatives, family members, home health, governmental agencies, and caregivers.
- Supports clients through the SSI, SSDI, SDI application process.
- Help research medical tourism options, and speciality care overseas.
- Researches durable medical equipment, specialty physicians, medical facilities, alternative treatment options, and community supportive services.
- Refers to physician specialists, financial services, legal teams, social services, home care agencies, and mental health professionals.