Connect- Communicate- Collaborate
Navigating you through the complexities of health care, insurance, and social services.
Care Advocacy Services provides information, resources, guidance and support to clients of all ages who are managing a long or short term disability or chronic illness at home.
Private pay services including health advocacy consulting, insurance assistance, and short term care management services.
“It has been my pleasure to work with Julie Sloway and Care Advocacy Services. I worked with her for three years, as Senior Manager of Client Services for the Northern CA Chapter of the National MS Society. Julie has been an invaluable resource. Her expertise and dedication to helping people with chronic illness is amazing. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing care management services.” –Andrew Rose, LCSW
Julie Sloway is a graduate of the Professional Program in Health Advocacy from the University of California, Berkeley.
*Certified Senior Advisor CSA- Society for Certified Senior Advisors
*Certified Enrollment Counselor CEC- Covered California
*Core Coach Training -Wellcoaches
*Bachelor of Arts Communication Studies- San Diego State University
P.O. Box 750482
Petaluma, CA 94975-0482
Your Health Advocate…
- Ensures that home care environments are safe and disability friendly.
- Promotes alternative solutions to pharmaceutical drugs.
- Helps identify care goals and locate specific support services.
- Oversees and direct care provided at home.
- Screens private caregivers and home health agencies.
- Coordinates medical appointments.
- Arranges transportation.
- Accompanies care recipients to medical appointments.
- Acts as an authorized representative to voice concerns and clarify information.
- Conducts ongoing assessments to monitor and implement changes in care.
- Researches physicians, medical facilities, procedures and treatment options.
- Communicates with out-of-town family members.
- Mediates family conflicts relating to health care.
- Facilitates positive decision making.
- Assists with insurance matters and file paperwork.
- Locates safe housing options.
- Provides financial and legal resources.
Serving the North Bay Area including Sonoma, Napa, Marin Counties, and the city of San Francisco.